If you or your child has suffered from a birth injury due to medical negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. However, navigating the legal system can be challenging, especially during a time when you’re focusing on your family’s recovery. That’s where a birth injury lawyer in Philadelphia can help.
What is a Birth Injury?
A birth injury is any damage that occurs to an infant during labor or delivery. While some birth injuries are minor and will heal on their own, others can cause permanent disabilities and can even be fatal. Common types of birth injuries include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
What Causes Birth Injuries?
Birth injuries can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Inadequate monitoring of the mother and baby
- Failure to diagnose and treat infections or other medical conditions
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum extractors
- Delayed or improper C-section delivery
- Administering too much medication to the mother
- Failure to recognize fetal distress
How Can a Birth Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia Help?
A birth injury lawyer in Philadelphia can help you understand your legal rights, investigate the details of your case, and pursue the compensation you and your child deserve. Specifically, a birth injury lawyer can:
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Consult with medical experts to determine the cause of your child’s injuries
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case
- Represent you in court if necessary
What Damages Can You Recover?
If you or your child has suffered a birth injury due to medical negligence, you may be entitled to recover damages. Damages can include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (if you or your child requires ongoing medical care)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of future earning potential
Contact a Birth Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia Today
If you believe that you or your child has suffered from a birth injury due to medical negligence, it’s important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. At [Law Firm Name], our experienced birth injury lawyers are dedicated to helping families in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas get the compensation they deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.